Recommended Link Submission
Starting with the 2013-2014 School Year I want to try and get students more involved in different STEM related contests. Please visit this page for a list of different contests that you could enter! If you want to work on these during class, we can find a way to make it happen!
I'm looking for more STEM related competitions. If you know of any, please
- An online hacking competition completed by some of my 8th grade students in the spring of 2013, 2014, and should be available again in Fall of 2015.
Young Inventors Challenge
- From the Chicago Toy and Game Fair, get involved.
3M Young Scientist Challenge
- An annual challenge sponsored by 3M and Discovery Education.
Engineer Girl Essay Contest
- From the EngineerGirl.org website, an essay contest dealing with engineering and the impact on our world.
National Stem Video Game Challenge
- Open to middle school students to create video games based on the concepts of STEM. Registration opens late 2013/early 2014.
Future City: Chicago
- Future City Competition serves 6th, 7th and 8th graders. Sponsored by National Engineers Week, this national program introduces students to engineering with popular Sim City software. Students design cities with simulation software, build scale models, write essays and give oral presentations on their city's design.
Powered by CivicPlus
Palos South Middle School
13100 S. 82nd Ave. Palos Park, IL 60464
Phone: (708) 448-5971
Fax: (708) 448-0754